We were blessed to experience a wonderful Easter this year, so many precious moments. Thought I’d capture the highlights.
- Anna Maria arrived safely home on Holy Thursday. She drove all the way by herself, her mumma was praying her home every mile of the way. A precious moment when she was swarmed by us all.
- Einstein delighted me by hanging picture book shelves, finally I am happy:)
- Holy Thursday we enjoyed a special dinner at home.
- We then raced out the door to celebrate Mass with Our Lord. Two of our boys served, and two other children were in the choir. We were honoured to be asked to take up the Offertory.
- Bonus, two children fell asleep on the way to Mass, due to experience we had blankets, we laid blankets under the pew and rolled the children under the seats. By 9pm we had four children asleep under the pew. Have to confess I thoroughly enjoyed Mass with little ones asleep.
- Children enjoyed our tradtional hunt for Resurrection eggs and then we read Benjamin’s Box
- We prayed the Stations of the Cross as a family
- Service at 3pm. Two of the boys were serving, two children in the choir, Anna Maria was part of the crowd in the Passion Play and Carpenter was Peter, both were involved in other tasks.
- Bonus, two children fell asleep on the way in, and again slept under the pew.
- Enjoyed our traditional Hot Cross Buns after the Service.
- Early Saturday PC and I had a date, shopping;) Afterwards we meet up with family members on their way down the highway.
- In between the busyness of driving children to and fro we baked for Easter Sunday.
- Everyone was keen to be in on the action, making pavlova and cheesecakes.
- We were awake bright and early!
- After a leisurely morning eating chocolate eggs and enjoying a delightful breakfast we headed North on the highway to visit with family.
- For the first time in ten years my brother was home.
- My mother had seven of her children (one missing), their spouses and for the first time all of her grandchildren together.
- Highlight was definitely the Easter Egg hunt for the Cousins, so cute! We won’t discuss how some parents were so competitive;)
- Afterwards we took our children to the park for some action.
Quiet family day with Anna Maria. The children spent the day playing together, board games, Total Annihilation competition and just hanging out together.
- Anna Maria and her Dad playing Pool.
- A day full of precious moments with all spending much time with Anna Maria before she was due to depart on the morrow.