Therese from Aussie Coffee Shop has tagged me for this Christmas Meme.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
2. Real tree or artificial?
Artificial. We used to have a real but it was always a stress hoping it would survive until the Epiphany.
3. When do you put up the tree?
Often the First Week of Advent, although last year we put it up on Gaudette Sunday. We decorate with purple for Advent and on Christmas Eve we will replace the purple with the Christmas decorations.
4. When do you take the tree down?
The Feast of the Epiphany.
5. Do you like eggnog?
I’ve never had it.
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
A bike I received the Christmas I was 8. I treasured that bike and looked after it, it survived for years. One of my memories is my father riding my bike down the street in his pajamas on Christmas morning.
7. Do you have a Nativity scene?
Several, two main ones and the children are slowly receiving their own.
8. Hardest person to buy for?
My husband. He likes surprises and everything I think of is pricey and I need to discuss budget with him.
9. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
When I was a teenager my mother gave me sheets. They were green.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail, although I tend to do a Christmas newsletter.
11. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Don’t really have one.
12. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
I always have good intentions to have it all done by Advent but it never happens.
13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
I don’t think so.
14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Salad and variety of cold meats. Oh and Pavlova.
15. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
16. Favorite Christmas song?
Away in a Manger
17. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
We used to travel then as the number of children grew we stayed at home. This year we will travel though.
18. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
Dasher and Dancer, Prancer and Vixen and Comet and Cupid, Donder and Blitzen and Rudolph.
19. Angel on the tree top or a star?
20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
21. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
22. Best thing about this time of year?
The Celebration of Christ’s Birth.