This morning I was delighted to receive the Liebster Award from Renee. The Liebster award is a high five in recognising and supporting the work of fellow bloggers. Renee is a talented writer; articulate, thought provoking and engaging, I am surprised and humbled to receive this award from Renee.
1. If you could star in a movie, which one would it be?
Struggling to answer this one..how about Cheaper By The Dozen (the old version) I’m nearly living that;) Obviously I’ll be the mother, warm and efficient. Mmm maybe I need to keep working on the efficient part.
2. Tell me something you are good at.
Talking, definitely talking;) I hope I’m good at listening too.
3. Tell me something you are bad at.
Colour selections, I suspect I might have a slight case of colour blindness, I can’t seem to ‘see’ shades. I rely on PC to select colours and he is good at it:)
4. If you could live in any part of the world, where would you live?
Right here, the North Coast is a beautiful place to live. There is a reason why it’s a popular holiday destination. The beach, mountains, rainforest, national parks, a slower pace of life. Life’s good.
5. Morning or night person?
I can ‘burn the candles’ at both ends. But my preference is morning. I love to arise before any other family members, though lately our three youngest boys are waking earlier and earlier:(
6. What is your most embarrassing moment?
Just one! I’ve often embarrassed myself. Actually I’m now of little shame, comfortable with my quirkiness.
7. If you won the Lotto, what would you do with the money?
Oh we’ve talked about this a lot. We’d invest the money so it could continue to generate income, this way we could donate monies to causes dear to our hearts and PC could retire and be home full time, enjoying life with us.
8. How did you meet your other half?
We meet ‘in The Rocks’. Country folks from the North Coast and we had to go all the way to the City to meet. We belonged to an organisation called Rural Youth (Junior Farmers) and had traveled to Sydney with our respective clubs to attend the Royal Easter Show. All our clubs went to dinner and we sat next to each other:):)
9. What is your dream career?
I’m living it. Seriously I’m very contented and fulfilled at home full time with my children. Sometimes I wonder about ‘one day’ when the children are all grown. I’d love to own a used bookstore, combining my love of books, retail selling and people but I can’t see it being a financial success.
10. What is your favourite ‘me time’ activity?
Reading and spending uninterrupted time with my Prince Charming:)
Awarding the Liebster Award to:
Mary at Better Than Eden
Therese at Ordinary Lovely
Angela at Three Plus Two
Jessica at Housewifespice
Olivia at The Magic and The Mundane
Ainsley at From The Verandah
Mel at Coal Valley View
Jo at Country Life Experiment
Laura at String of Pearls
Irish Mum at AirSkull
The second award – I was awarded the Sunshine Award from my daughter Rose Red, 10. (Read her answers, most delightful, and she’d love some comment love too:) Rose Red is a fledgling writer and I’m enjoying these glimpses into her thoughts.
Rose Red’s questions for me:
1. What is your favourite food?
Freshly baked bread, however I suspect it makes me sick, I’m on a journey to find alternatives. Fortunately I’ve discovered sourdough bread and not only do I love it but it loves me:)
2. What is your favourite cake?
Not a huge fan of cake, none of my family are, but if I had to chose always chocolate mud cake, then moist carrot or banana cakes.
3. What is your favourite thing to do?
Snuggling up reading with my children. Spending uninterrupted time with my husband, golly can we even remember such an event!
4. What is your favourite flower?
Waratahs, actually I love all Australian flowers.
5. What is your favourite holiday? eg. Christmas, Birthday.
Easter and Christmas.
Renewed by the immersion in the religious ceremonies leading up to Easter and then the joy of the Resurrection!
Love the awe and wonder of the Birth of Our Lord, the excitement of the children.
I’m awarding the Sunshine Award to some local ladies:
Helena at Life Across the River
Karen at Pieces of Contentment
Marijke at Amongst Gum Trees
Rachel at Red Cat Inn
Combining my questions for both awards and posing the following to both nominated groups:
Questions for Both Awards:
1. How do you express yourself creatively?
2. What is your favourite genre of books?
3. What is a favourite childhood book?
4. If you had a whole day to ‘yourself’ what would you choose to do?
5. Would you consider yourself an introvert, extrovert or somewhere in the middle?
6. What is your preferred method of exercise?
7. Share a quote that has ‘spoken’ to you
8. What is your favourite genre of movies?
9. Share one blog you ‘must read’ regularly?
10. How many bloggers and whom have you met irl?