11, 11.. Meme – Tagged Again
Willa and Chari have responded to the 11,11 meme I sent a while back. Reading their answers was thoroughly fascinating! Thank you dear friends, for participating and sharing:)
It appears they have tagged me back, oh help.. I not only have to answer but think up some more questions…
The Meme Rules
1. Post these rules
2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 random facts about you
3. Answer the questions given to you in the tagger’s post.
4. Create 11 new questions and tag new people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog and let them know they have been tagged.
Normally I’m behind the lens, was surprised to find a shot of me:)
11 Random Facts About Me
1. I insist on all books being covered in quality book plastic. I am aware this is considered odd by some;)
2. I am a plant killer:( Sadly plants die under my care, something to do with their need for water and my inability to remember to do so
3. I’m a peacemaker, I hate confrontation and will only do so on behalf of another or if backed into an extremely tight corner
4. I have a secret chocolate addiction, well maybe not so secret
5. I’ve never seen the snow
6. My brothers all have two middle names, my sisters and my names’ first initials match. ie. I’m Erin E….
7. I’m the oldest of 8
8. I’ve never traveled outside of Australia
9. PC and I flew together for the first time this year. Does this make us royalty? They never fly together for obvious reasons
10. I’m addicted to print, oh I guess you’d already realised that
11. I can never manage to grow my fingernails, they always snap off
Willa & Chari’s eleven questions for me to answer
1. How would you describe the biome in which you live?
Mild, sub-tropical climate.
2. If you could move to a different country, what would be your choice and why?
First choice Ireland, though lately I’ve been longing to visit the Scottish Highlands too. Ireland due to my Irish heritage, I was raised on many things Irish. Scotland thanks to historical novels, I’d just love to see where so much history was played out.
3. What would you consider you most favoured book in your childhood?
Rilla of Ingleside, Jo’s Boys, Little Mother Meg(Ethel Turner)…. oh you meant just one? Can’t do;)
4. What book would you say has had the most influence in your life?
The Bible, easily the Bible
5. If you could meet one fictional character, who would it be and why?
At the moment, feisty Molly Murphy.
6. Can you name one area of your life that has been influenced by Charlotte Mason; how?
Definitely a passion for quality books and a disdain for twaddle and the use of living books were strengthened by Charlotte Mason‘s teachings. The introduction of Nature Study to our lives is pure Charlotte Mason, our dabble with Art Appreciation. Really so much of our life has been influenced over the last decade+ it’s hard to name only one area.
7. Do you grow any of your own food, and if yes, what do you grow?
Alas and alack, I’ve tried I really have but plants need watering and um I keep forgetting. blush.
Every year I try to master a new skill, one year it was baking bread, another knitting (mildly successful) last year and this it has been photography. Anyhow one year I announced to the family I was going to master gardening, the laughter was loud and the jokes began, I have to admit the jokes were funny.
8. Cradle- Catholic or Convert?
Cradle-Catholic and very grateful to my parents:)
9. What saint would you most like to meet?
St Therese of the Little Way, my Confirmation saint. I love the Little Way, it’s just seems doable.
10. What would you list as your top three favourite spiritual reads?
Anything Louis de Wohl has me avidly reading. My three favourites of his are Lay Siege to Heaven, Citadel of God and Set All Afire
11. What is your favourite ‘go-to’ prayer?
The Hail Mary. I love many others but I found in a time of severe need, when I tried to pray and my mind shut down, I was only able to remember the Hail Mary.
My Eleven New Questions for My Tagged Friends
1. What would you prefer; to parachute out of a plane or to bungee jump?
2. What would be your ideal holiday destination?
3. What talent would you choose if you could; to be an accomplished writer or to be an accomplished vocalist?
4. What is your favourite movie genre?
5. What is your favourite genre of books?
6. Do your prefer books in hardcover or softcover?
7. Do you have any siblings and if so where are you in the birth order?
8. Have you ever traveled overseas and if so where?
9. What is a quirk you possess? Come on we all have one
10. If you won Lottery, say a million+ what would you do with your winnings?
11. What’s your idea of a romantic date?
I Would Love to Hear from the Following
Olivia at The Magic and the Mudane
Sharyn at The Wildest of Adventures
Bron at Maxabella Loves
Mel at Coal Valley View
Alison at Alison June
Renee at Mummy, Wife, Me
Angie at Family Answers Fast
Theresa at Ordinary Lovely
Mary at Better Than Eden
Laura at String of Pearls
Julie at Nurturing Learning
This looks like fun, I've never been asked to do one of these before. It may take some time, but i will try to an answer over the next few days.
Thank you so much for thinking of me, Erin! It was lovely to learn more about you. I really hope you get to travel to Ireland or Scotland in the near future. You would love it. Maybe you could even see snow while you're there!! Thanks again 🙂
Mary @ Better Than Eden
I'm still in shock that you've never seen snow!!! We have bucket loads here I wish I could send you 🙂 Thanks for thinking of me…I'll try! I'm also supposed to do the Sunshine award and I'm so bad at these!
Theresa @ OrdinaryLovely
Thanks, this looks fun! I hope I can get to it this week! (I've never heard of anyone covering their own books before! Intriguing.)
Erin, you are a doll! Thanks for thinking me and I look forward to spending some time with this 🙂
I'm back! And it's to give you a sweet blog award in kind 🙂 Erin, I truly see you as devoted to spreading joy, peace, hope, and love http://familyanswersfast.wordpress.com/thank-you-%E2%9D%A4/ and I'm just plain grateful for the time we have known each other. Thank you!
Serial commenting! To answer your questions 🙂
1. What would you prefer; to parachute out of a plane or to bungee jump? Parachute absolutely! I seriously considered doing this in my 20s 🙂
2. What would be your ideal holiday destination? For winter holidays I would LOVE to be someplace with snow…and great restaurants…and fireplaces.
3. What talent would you choose if you could; to be an accomplished writer or to be an accomplished vocalist? SINGER! I watch The Voice with my family and tell my kids that if I could sing I would so vain it would be ridiculous, lol.
4. What is your favourite movie genre? Comedy ha ha.
5. What is your favourite genre of books? Non-fiction and self or family improvement.
6. Do your prefer books in hardcover or softcover? No preference.
7. Do you have any siblings and if so where are you in the birth order? I'm the oldest of 3 and I absolutely adore my brother and sister. We're incredibly fortunate to be close.
8. Have you ever traveled overseas and if so where? No ugh! I'm not a big traveler but if I could, I would go to Rome.
9. What is a quirk you possess? Come on we all have one. I have TONS of quirks, let's see… I have a crazy strong startle reflex so I always sit with my back to a wall when at a restaurant.
10. If you won Lottery, say a million+ what would you do with your winnings? Take down CPS in the state of Arizona. Seriously.
11. What's your idea of a romantic date? An extravagant dinner, concert, and swanky hotel for a night get-away. Most recently Dave and I saw Michael Buble. Tons of fun.
The girl who painted trees
Thanks, Erin. I will try to answer, but may break the chain, so to speak. That will be one of my random facts – I always break chain letter type things. It inevitably happens, just like I inevitably also kill all plants that come my way.
Coal Valley View
Thanks so much for the tag Erin, I will really try to do it but I don't have a good track record for these things, although I do like your questions! 🙂
Lots to comment on here, but I'll restrain myself.
Firstly, it is one of the saddest things on earth to learn that a chocolate addiction is never secret. Sigh.
You need to see the snow and Ireland and the Scottish Highlands too.
I don't even know who Charlotte Mason is, so I'll be clicking on your link for sure!
Thanks so much for tagging me, Erin. I will not even pretend that I will ever get around to doing this, but I am so happy to be tagged! x
So glad you all didn't mind being tagged, i'm never too sure with these things
Thanks for my award:)
Loved reading your answers:) ah so you are a secret vocalist.