Whilst browsing in the op shop last week I discovered a couple of bags of shells for 50c. I had been debating whether to set up this activity or not after seeing shell nomenclature ‘in action’ on Emily’s blog. I wasn’t too sure if the children would be keen or not. When I found the shells I decided I had found our next activity.
The children were most interested waiting to see what I was doing. After printing out the cards I laminated them, cut them up and then set the girls up with a bowl of shells each. The activity is really too difficult for Jelly Bean but Princess surprised me with her ability to match the shells with the cards. Princess did say however she didn’t enjoy the activity as much as the colour sorting and fabric cards.