As the year draws to a close it’s interesting to look back and note what posts resonated with you my readers, sometimes your favourites are mine, sometimes not. It’s often a surprise to me which posts are the most popular, sometimes it’s the ones I labour long and hard over, often it’s the posts I dash off quickly, there’s just no way of knowing which posts will appeal to you.
All I know is I must keep writing and I want to thank you, my readers for keeping on reading and commenting, I love that, I love the community we have built.
Top hits for 2014 are the new pages installed along the top, Introducing Us our short bio:), my list of Blog Favs passing along the blog love:) and Book Lists a round up of all the book reviews shared here they are also easy to find over at Aussie Book Threads.
Top post for the year was Frugal Living: The Guaranteed Expenses part of my frugal living series, which I find fascinating as the post only received one comment, from my loyal bestie, so there you go, comments aren’t always indicative of popularity.
- Your Favourite – Ranger’s Apprentice Cloaks, written in my early blogging years and it continues to be a favourite year after year
- My Favourite – Mercy Watson – Transition Readers, these books were a turning point in my struggling reader’s life, and are now part of our family culture:)
- Your Favourite – Regarding Fertility For ‘Those Who Ask’ in which I posed the question ‘why does society think it’s appropriate to ask about the private, intimate details of a complete stranger’s life?’ and you so generously and kindly responded
- My Favourite – Actually my favourite was also the Fertility post, however What Makes a Blog Captivating? came in a close second. Chatting about blogging trends struck a chord and we all enjoyed a wonderful conversation.
- Your Favourite – Preparation for First Holy Communion with Preparation for First Confession coming in close behind. My ‘game plan’ for preparing children for their Sacraments including many book recommendations and a ‘to print’ booklet for First Confession.
- My Favourite – Finally, Reading for Pleasure as it marked yet another step in our struggling reader’s journey.
- Your Favourite – Library Opening Day Finally Arrives, our town’s brand spanking new, incredible library continues to give us pleasure every week when we visit:)
- My Favourite – Easter Triduum, reminds me of many happy memories, I often share the planning and not often the celebration, pleased I did record these special moments.
- Your Favourite – Old Fashioned Nightgowns for Our Girls, in the three years since I first posted, this continues to be a top favourite
- My Favourite – My Daybook for May, reminds me of a very couple of special weeks I spent in the City with our two College children, just the baby, my two oldest and me.
- Your Favourite – My Daybook for June, I started writing monthly Daybooks late last year and they’ve been well received. They are now my husband’s favourite posts and by popular request I’m planning on writing fortnightly updates in 2015.
- My Favourite – I focused on developing photography skills in June, capturing winter sunshine moments and ocean swimming in the winter. Reminds me I really need to pick up the camera more.
- Your Favourite – What To Do With The Picture Books? my (temporary) solution to encouraging access to and reading of our picture book collection
- My Favourite – Interview With A Husband, my husband just makes me laugh, he’s a keeper:)
- Your Favourite – 7 Quick Takes Friday were the winners of the month they are always highly popular. My book review of Families of Six Plus Children was a close second.
- My Favourite – Our Anna Maria turned 21!!!!!! Oh how we love our daughter xxxx
- Your Favourite – We’re Goin’ To The Chapel, my brother’s wedding:):)
- My Favourite – Before I Had a Seven Year Old, memory lane this!
- Your Favourite – This Week in Learning, October 10th and Our Leap Into Literature: A Tradition, sharing our learning notes and books enjoyed from each week, so pleased I captured these memories
- My Favourite – Main Bathroom Thus Far and Cupboard Love, sharing the work of many months of hard building work by my dedicated and talented husband.
- Your Favourite – Mega List of Catholic Picture Books, a ‘cream of the crop’ list, I enjoyed writing this. Be sure to also check out Jesse Tree in Picture Books.
- My Favourite – Laundry Completed and Yet More Cupboards, more of PC’s months of hard work coming to fruition